Re: RC: slaughter houses

kat in Orange County writes,

I would rather such horses went straight to the slaughter house
with a short trip to euthanasia than for them to languish in
the fields of the well-meaning but incapable,

What are you saying?  A horse rescued to be put in an open pasture is no sin.
 I have known many people in my time that have taken Mustangs from BLM
ranches and put them in open pastures verses seeing them being slaughtered.
They run, eat, and play with other horses just like they would in the wild
but protected.  Tell me what is wrong with that.  I say good for Lisa P.  She
has a good heart.  Come visit Northern Nevada some time and see all the wild
horses rounded up by BLM.  Most of these horses are there because of yahoos
just shooting them, urban sprawling, and yuppies complaining about their
pristine lawns being damaged.  At first everyone likes seeing the Mustangs in
the wild until it becomes old to them and a nuisance.