Bad horse buying woes!! Headsup!

Remember I had selling woes? Finally found a family to buy my old show mare for their 13 year old son who wants to do endurance someday. He calls me often and says, "I rode her on the trail today...I love her"
   Anyway...along the journey of buying a horse for competition, I came across a chestnut pretty mare in Temecula.  "Race horse bred! grew up in a pasture! Lightly ridden as a youngster! Pure Polish! Chestnut with a blaze and white socks!Sweepstakes nominated! $2900 "   Well guess what. She is about 25% Polish, some crabbet, some egyptian, some spanish.  She was perfect in appearance, from the knees up!  From the knees down she had scrapes and cuts, and scars, and windpuffs, and splints and stocked up and uneven hoof's (club foot?) and slightly lame. I videotaped her and showed it to friends. They said "NO WAY! Don't buy that horse!""  As it happened I ran into a friend who was at the Norco ride, and she had also looked at the mare, and the mare was more lame by the time she got there. "Good endurance prospect!"  NOT  .   Don't go there. If you see an ad for such a horse and want to email me for the name of it, so you save yourself some gasoline, feel free, I sure would have appreciated a heads up on that long day trip in 106 degree heat! Whew!
 Beth Glover