Re: RC: Re: Norco injury

There is just never enough time to think through this kind of situation;
however, it seems that we in our sport CAN be in danger of falling into the
trap of our society in general - everything that HAPPENS in life MUSt be
SOMEONE'S fault. I imagine the rider might like the opportunity to explain
anything she needs RC to know herself - after she is finished caring for her
horse. But people, everything that happens in life is NOT someone's fault. I
have heard it said that "life is what happens whilst you are making other
plans". I for one don't plan to hide in a hole and pull the hole in after me
- and I am not the most fearless person I know! In addition, I for one am so
tired of everything being someone else's fault - do what you must do, with
proper care and forethought and planning - and then take also the
responsibility for whatever you chose. Period. In this case, what I saw was
that a horse had a freak accident - hardly even an accident - and received
immediate care from its rider but also from others on the way, two who gave
up a VERY close opportunity to Top Ten - to help her with her horse. I was
impressed by the coagulated effort here.

On that note, where praise is persistent over fault, to all those who were
carrying water, finding ice, throwing water on the victim and offering
encouragement and prayers for the mare who went down shortly after finishing,
thank God for all of you, not just because she made it through the ordeal,
but because you all reminded me as I intermingled with you wonderful people
of what the human condition SHOULD be and can be - one of helpfulness and
brotherhood, caring and instant response for someone else. Most of the people
there did not know either the horse or the rider but helped anyway. Kudos to
the String bean :) who had finished the LD then stood holding an IV bag for
what seemed like forever. Bless ol' High Hewitt and Fed Beasom for mud
wrestling with that horse to get her treated - and ultimately for saving her
life. What an expression of caring and - dare I SAY it? - love! From no pulse
and 108 fever, this mare FINALLY regained her feet - not sure what the next
few weeks will bring - but what a joy to see so many people not just staring
in fascination, but actively participating in saving both the horse's life
and the rider's heart.

Our expression of humanness and even godliness was evident there on Saturday,
and I am sure for the rider, a good friend of ours - and for all who were
there, a huge thank you for both the hard sweaty work that was done, and also
for showing why we are part of this sport. And hey, Hewie - you are something
else! REALLY!

Sandy Adams
9604