NORCO RIDE AND INJURY

debbie ekhaml dekarab@home.com
First I'd like to say all the posts about the Norco ride
have been excellent.  The weather conditions were less than
optimal and there were other sick horses beside the punctured one.   The
Vets had their hands full.  The puncture wound was above the chestnut and
below the elbow on the inside of the right front leg making it impossible
to see unless you were off the horse.  We finished our 50 just as she came
in and the vet immediately attended to her.  When we came back to do our
final check and show for BC, the vets were all off attending horses.
Thankfully, Rebecca Florio DVM, had opted to ride the 25 and was able to
pitch in and help vet.  In 4 years of doing this sport, I cannot think of
a ride that has more volunteers actually out on the trail itself to help
people!  The ride manager, Lynn, and
her very capable volunteers, bend over backwards to try and make things as
safe and comfortable for all riding.  This can be a very dangerous sport,
but I'd take it any day over ring stuff.  Yes, there was alot of blood and
it looked bad, but her horse looked prety good!  From what I saw, the vets
did a great job of handling things.  If this sort of thing scares you,
maybe NATRAC is better suited for you.  I personally had a fabulous
weekend, but realize $%#@& happens!   Thanks Lynn!
Debbie and Razal