Re: RC: My PAC Part One

  Angie,
  Congrats for ur completion!!! I love ur story, very
informative, readable and entertaining!! I'm eagerly
waiting for the rest of it. You are such an
inspiration to us non-moneyed, working for a living
common folk. Very rare in the higher echelons of any
equine sport.

  I had the great fortune to attend a Jane Savoie
Clinic a few years back. What an inspiration she and
her ideas are no matter what horse endeavor you
choose. When I was campaigning for APHA's high point
green working hunter award on my daughter's gelding,
Totally A Topcat, I would listen to Jane's "That
Winning Feeling!" tapes on the way to shows. I highly
recommend both tapes. They really helped me focus on
me and TC and not worry about feeling like I didn't
belong there because I was not good enough, didn't
have a high dollar-ed horse, didn't have the financial
means, didn't have a big name trainer and so forth. I
just about wore those tapes out that year!

   I also recommend Barbra Schulte's "riding with
confidence" tape which covers specific steps to
overcome challenges and meet your riding goals.

   Its interesting how so many competitors spend all
their time, effort and money on their horses and
totally neglect their mental preparation. Having been
one of these people I can attest to the "edge" this
gave me in competition.

  Regards,
Penny