westnile vacc

wendy rahesi@alltel.net
I am drug rep in Ga. For the last several weeks I have been
helping vets get their orders into the manuf., The vacc finally
began arriving today AUG 31ST.Please be patient getting your vacc
as the scheduling of appts is going tobe very pressing.You will need 2
shots 3-6 weeks apart. If you are leaving the country with
your horse or if he is- please talk to the usda 1st! blood work
can get complicated. This should be a safe vacc the original
study had 649 horses in it with low to no reaction rate. I plan to give it
to my horses soon. I would strongly urge everyone to
make sure that they have A 6 mo or better ee on board as we have
had horses in this area dead in 24 hrs., 2 horses the owners' vaccinated
but the vacc., may have been old. In the fall is a feeding frenzy by
mosquitos and most dead west nile horses were
from this time period. Incubation is 5-15 days. Hope this helps.