Vendors at PAC--Tuend Treeless Saddles...Addendum

I <lbm@naisp.net> said:
>I ask because a Tuend saddle, true to its name, has no
>structural elements whatsoever...
>
>Stitched to the top of this pad is the webbing that holds
>the attachments for the stirrup leathers.  I asked the
>saleslady whether one could move these stirrup attachments
>further forward or back, and she said that there was
>currently no provision for this, but that she was going
>to talk to the guys back in Italy to see if they would
>do this.  There's no reason they couldn't--it is only
>a piece of webbing stitched to the pad.

I'm going to modify this statement slightly.  There is,
in fact, a minimalist structural element in the saddle.
There is a strip of leather running from front to
rear to which the stirrup holder webbing is stitched.
This gives the saddle *some* forward/rear structure and
explains why the whole thing just doesn't flop over
on itself, pommel to cantle, like a blanket when you
pick it up.

But only this and nothing more...

Linda B. Merims
lbm@naisp.net