GENERATORS AND NORCO RIDE

debbie ekhaml dekarab@home.com
It is sad but some people never learned the Golden
Rule.  They feel it is their God-given right to disrupt
camp because they want to run a cofee maker at 430 am. It
does ruin camp and it is too bad the generators can't be
grouped together.  There is really no reason (except like
MerryBen said to run a computer for ride results)to run generators for an
overnight trip.  Solar panels and inverters
do the job just fine. That is what I use. The upcoming Norco Riverdance
Ride is expected to have 160+ riders.  It would be very nice if those with
generators could curb the use of them or at least practice some courtesy.
No one will get me to believe you can't get up and run your rigs lights
etc. for an hour without cranking up a generator! Base camp will be
crowded and noisy as it is without the addition of 100 machines droning
on.
Even if I had a generator, I would never use it in the close
proximity of a basecamp.  But that is me, and my parents taught
me some manners.  Thanks,  Debbie