Re: RC: Black horses and Cow hocks in endurance horses

Was the filly cow hocked when she was younger?  It's not unusual for young
horses to go through some real ugly stages as they grow.  I know that some
horses that don't toe out as babies go through a toe-out stage until they get
breast muscling built up, then their legs straighten out again.  Don't know
for sure that the same thing applies to hocks, but wouldn't be surprised.  It
seems like my mare looked somewhat cow hocked for a while when she was 2 or 3
but she has nice legs now at 7.  jeri