Re: RC: Beet Pulp...How much?

At 06:28 PM 08/27/2001 -0700, guest@endurance.net wrote:

>Katey heart@magiclink.com
>Can anyone give me some ideas on how much beet pulp would be appropriate
>to feed a horse who is being ridden about 50 miles per week.  I have
>poured over the article on Susan G's website...thanks to Susan and to all
>who got me the address!  The only question I have is how much to feed.
>Thanks!

You can feed up to 40% of the horses forage in BP if you want....tho most
horses probably won't eat that much, at least not to begin with.  Start
with a scoop or two (assuming it's shredded), and see how much your horse
will eat.  5# a day would be okay, give or take a pound or two.  I have
been going thru a 50# bag a week for two horses, 2 scoops each twice a day
is what it works out to.  If you think you need to feed more to keep weight
on, you can slowly increase it -- or add something to it like fat
pak.  Mine like it with oats or omolene added to it.