The Pan Ams and the guy in the suit

First...Congratulations to Heather and Red...they were truly awesome.
Watching Red trot out at vet check 8 was a sight to behold and even though I
had to leave before the award ceremony, after watching the BC judging there
was no doubt in my mind who won.
I actually know the answers to a few questions that have been asked.  The guy
in the suit is the President of the National Mongolian Racing Association.
He did seem a bit overdressed and I don't know why he was there...but he
certainly got all our attention.  Also, Cheryl told me that Stagg slowed down
a bit after VC 7 because there was a bit of a question about his horse's gait
there...but the footing was deep in that indoor and the horse did fine on
harder footing.  So Heather and Melissa came into VC 8 together...but not
only did Red come down a bit fast than Charbiel...due to some mistake,
Melissa was let out of the VC early so they had to chase her down and she had
to redo a bit of trail...so she lost a bit of time or she would have been
closer to Heather.  Stagg and RIta finished together...and Stagg gallantly
let Rita go first even when Cass shied at the finish.  Some of the other
riders had a bit of trouble on the last 4 mile stretch as some people having
a party kept taking the markers down...I know that it slowed Becky Harris and
Karen Clark down a bit.  They were both very sweet at the finish...they
trotted in together and then both stopped dead just before the finish and
looked at each other!  I think Karen finally talked Becky into going first.
All in all it was a wonderful day...great weather, wonderful horses and
riders and a beautifully managed event!!!  Congratulations to all who rode
and participated.

Adrienne