Re: RC: skin condition on legs

My horse has had this type of skin condition and I have tried everything I
can think of to get rid of it. His condition is from his hocks all the way up
his buttocks. I have used the shampoos the vet gave me. I never let sweat
stay on after a ride... I always hose him off. Nothing seemed to cure it. The
treatment that finally has worked for me is to use hydrocotisone cream 1%
(either generic or Cortaid brand at the pharmacy). I pick all the scabs off
twice a day (soften with the cream) and put the ointment on. Within a day or
so it starts to vanish and the hair grows back on the scabby areas.

The only other thing that worked almost as well (but not as quickly) was
Animal Legends Tea Tree- ADE Ointment. This is great stuff for any scrape. I
think I got it through National Bridle Shop www.nationalbridleshop.com.

Bonnie