Saddle Fit

Devony Wingo horsecrazy22@hotmail.com
Hi Ridecampers,
I have come to you for advice in the past, and again, I return.  I am
riding now in an Abetta cordura western saddle.  Admittedly, these aren't
the highest quality saddles on the market, but it works.  My horse has
high withers.  He appears level from croup to withers, but he has a fairly
low back.  Problem one, my saddle leans to the left constantly.  No matter
how much I put my weight in the right stirrup to try and move it over, it
seems to have a disposition to the left side.  I think this is inhibiting
my horse's movement, as I have trouble getting him to flex properly to the
right.  He also very rarely picks up the left lead under saddle.  I know
this is not a medical problem because I have seen him pick up this lead in
the pasture of his own free will.  I have noticed a dry spot just to the
left of my horse's withers several times after riding.  It's about the
size of a fist.  I have read that western saddles with semi quarter horse
bars fit horses with high withers.  I need help fixing this terrible
saddle fit problem!  Thanks so much.

Devony Wingo