Shoe boil

Lucy Bagot bagot@fgi.net
A couple of weeks ago my horse developed a shoe boil on
his left elbow.  Per my vets instructions, I have been icing
it and once a day applying a DMSO solution.  I have also
increased the amount of bedding in his stall.  I tried to buy a shoe boil
roll at Libertyville saddle shop but they are out of stock on the item.

1)  Is it okay to continue working the horse?  short rides?
long rides?

2)  How long will this boil remain?  Any other known
treatments that may help?

3)  Where else can I acquire a shoe boil roll or something
equivalent that will prevent  him from hitting his elbow when
he lays down.

4)  Should I pull his shoes in front and ride with easy boots?
He was just reset but I wonder if he is shod incorrectly.

I appreciate any suggestions.
Lucy Bagot and Tom