Re: RC: camping

>Does anyone know of any battery opperated heaters??? any suggestions??
>besides get a new hubby?
>wish we would have bought those LQs now....pooop!
>Carla (its 100 degrees out and I am in the house with a blanket!)
>Ansata (is she coming????maybe I can blend with the barn.)
>Haley (over here mom were over here!!)
>Rob (I just don't want to catch a cold!)

An RV place could advise you about heaters that would work off a marine
battery (car battery would get sucked down too fast) and a propane tank.
Or you could get a camping heater:
http://www.sportmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=522935&cp

The really low tech solution is to bring a dog or two (been there done
that) -- their body temps are higher than ours and they radiate a lot of
heat.

And dress warmly:  I slept in the back of my truck at rides for many years,
and thermals under regular sweats or polarfleece sweats, with a woolen
watchcap (you lose a lot of heat our of your skull) and I was toasty even
with frost on my sleeping bag.

Lynn Kinsky (Santa Ynez, CA)
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky