Thanks for Cloud 9 Info, saddle woes update

Thanks for all the great responses on getting a Cloud 9 pad.  I saw one last
night and believe they are just as thick or thicker then my tolkat woolback
which can also contain inserts....

Reason this came about is the saddle maker thinks the reason my horse has
swelling on the back where the cantle edge lies on the saddle is because of
movement of the saddle caused by having too THICK of a pad.  I am testing
next week with a thin pad to see if it is caused by bridging (my theory), he
says no, saddle has to be able to give in the middle to let the horse round
up the back.

So I ask him, well if it isn't bridging that is causing it, but the pad, how
can I expect to do distance in a thin pad (which allows more contact)...50
mile horses need protection, what do other endurance riders use with the
JRD.

He stated Cloud 9....but I say what is so different with the cloud 9 from
the tolkat woolback?  Isn't that pad going to lift the saddle up as well and
allow it to move?  Fustrating!

So, the saddle woes continues, after the swelling is down I will try a thin
pad to see the sweat pattern and determine if there are any points of no
sweat (indication too much pressure) and go from there....

Thanks again for the help!
Kimberly (&Mystery the Morab)