Re: RC: Cleaning EZ boots

--- Michelle Fink <michrowe@redwrench.com> wrote:
I, too, foam my EB on...depending on what I'm going to
do.

Have you tried putting pet. jelly on the cornet band?
It prevents the foam from sticking to the hair and
makes it easier to get off the tender parts of the
hoof so nothing rubs.

Personlly, I like the foam to ooz out...this prevents
dirt and rocks from getting in and bothering the hoof.

My guy's hoof is so narrow, I can't keep an EB on bare
footed.  Usually, I don't have the time or desire to
foam a boot on if he just pulled a show and we're
home.  It's easier to work him in the arena instead
until my farrier comes out and sticks the show back
on.  Whatever the case calls for...

I just LOVE discussing EB...I think you sometimes need
an engerineering degree to figure it all out. ;~)

=====
Susan Young Casey
Glenndale Grace Farm
Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles,
and win the race!"         - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)