bran mash vs beat pulp

I am considering taking beet pulp for my horse to our upcoming 50.  In the past I have offered bran mash (soupy with apples and carrots in it).  Can I use the beet pulp the same way?  I will be sure to give him some before the ride so he can get used to it.

Also, this horse doesn't have a problem keeping on weight, and does eat and drink well at rides (knock on wood).  Should I just stick with the bran mash or is there an advantage to using beet pulp?

Kathy Kelly
Parks AZ