Fatigue vs Sweating

My fiance's horse is a palomino paint.  When he sweats he looks like a
prostitute on a bad day (sorry to be crude, but it's true!).  The skin around
his eyes is dark so when he sweats it looks like he's spent all day crying with
too much mascara on.  Right now he's probably the fittest he's ever been, doing
15 mile training rides with no problem.. but he sure does *look* tired.  I'll
have to post a pic one of these days..

Julienne

Many times I have been told, "Look how your horse is sweating.  Gee, he must
be tired."  I try to explain patiently that there is little connection
between sweating and fatigue.  And that the really scary situation is when
your horse is working hard and he DOESN'T sweat.

Barbara