Protest Ride

I also  rode at the Protest Ride in Harrisburg and am a member of the
Pennsylvania Equine Council. People live in their own little worlds and
think that this can never happen to them. I have worked on this issue
for 2 years, and have had to fight the PGC all the way. I have tried to
get others involved, and while I have gotten a couple of folks, usually
I get some smart ass comment like, " Well, what's that got to do with
me?" When i try to explain the gravity and great scale of the problem,
they look at me like I'm wasting their time. It's very frustrating.

BTW--Debbie, you guys did a great job. You and Mary Lou and Pete  and
Rita and the others are to be commended to make that fly so well on such
short notice. And for the record, I've helped at endurance rides and am
a CTR rider currently. It's a shame more endurance and CTR riders didn't
show for this, as it impacts our sports more than almost anyone else's.
Furthermore, I have SGL across the road from my barn. If that closes too
like Millville did, I will lose most of my conditioning ride area. And
that will really stink.

Hope you make it up to PA, Howard, I figure you'd be an interesting
kinda guy to meet!

--
 Helga Loncosky
THE ARCHIVAL MORGAN RECORD--Registry for Foundation and Half-Morgans

The path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.

"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the
inside of a man"--Winston Churchill