Re: RC: Re: First Aid Kit Save the Day!

I would like to see a list for trips into the back country where we are
likely to be several DAYS from the truck and hours more from the nearest
vet.  We once had a horse get a cut from a rock that sliced through the
coronet band on her hoof.  It bled quite a bit and  drew hornets by  the
droves.  We ended up standing her in the creek and then fashioned a
bandage from vet wrap and a clean tube sock.  We were four days from the
truck and a days drive from home.  After the first day I gave up on the
bandage - it wouldn't stay on - and just let all the creeks we had to
cross clean it out naturally.  We cleaned it with water AM and PM and
she was never lame.  When we did get her home and had the vet out he
said it would heal fine and it did.  Pretty ghastly looking and scary at
the time.