easyboots

I used easyboots last winter with good results but I found that my horse was "ouchy" for some time after recently being trimmed and took a few weeks to "come out of it".  Also, by the end of the winter his frog on his left hind(white) was bruised.  I would like to use the easyboots again this year.  I did use the easydirtskirts with some improvement to the ouchiness.  Is there anything my farrier could do as far as trimming to alleviate the "ouchiness" with the boots?