RE: RE: RE: Conflict of Interest

I've often been accused of having a twisted sense of humour but with all
this discussion of who is non-profit vs profit and who is professional vs
amateur, I think about baseball. I grew up in the US and had a brother in
little league for a while and my daughter played girls' softball here in
Egypt. In fact when we moved from a small French school in Alexandria to a
big American school in Cairo, her first request was to join the softball
league. By the time she was in high school, there was no league for kids who
just wanted to play for fun. You either had to make the JV or Varsity team
or stop playing....she took up theatre. Now imagine that equestrian sport
goes for money, TV coverage and the whole 9 yards like baseball or
basketball.....what happens if like the baseball players have, the horses go
on strike for better working conditions and better hay and more carrots? Or
the riders go out for better porta-potties? The mind boggles.....or maybe
it's just too early in the morning after a long work week.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
maryanne@ratbusters.net
www.ratbusters.net