EZ boots/foam

Denise Johnson dollyjj@earthlink.net
I'm new to using the foam with EZ boots.  I've foamed on all 4 for a
training ride.
On 2 the foam came out the tops, and back of the boots, and the other 2 no
foam
overflow (btw the foam was warm to touch).    One lightly foamed EZ came
off.
I called EZ Care and asked how much to use.   With one foam kit it is
suppose to
last through 14-16 boots (my kit at the above rate will only last for 8
boots).
The rep said you don't want the foam coming out the tops of the boots.
Just enough
to cover the bottom of the hoof and maybe coming up slightly
on the sides.    Is this the way the 50 milers foam their boots on?  Or do
you apply
enough to come out the tops and backs of the boots?

When using vet wrap over the hoof and foaming the boots on-does that
reduce the
holding strength of the foam at all?

Are there any tips for using foamed on EZs on barefoot horses?

Any comments or suggestions much appreciated :-)

Thanks,
Denise Johnson