Newbie here!

Well,
 I have tried posting a couple of time to the list, but they did not make
it. Maybe that is a good thing? <VBG>
 Anyway, I have a four year old 3/4 Arabian Mare. She has had her first
foal. I will be separating them tomorrow permanently. We will start
training for our first LD (25miler) today. The ride is in October, so I
am hoping we will be ready. :0) The trails will be a lot like the trials
I will be training on since the ride starts not far from here!
 I have gotten some advice from one of the people who work at the farm
that is putting on the race. This is an AERC event. I am not a member
yet. I only have enough money to join one or two clubs, so I am going to
be very selective of the clubs I join. Any pros and cons to joining AERC?
 I want to thank Becky Huffman again. Without her and her site Carpe
Clop, I would not be attempting this. Although I am not old, I fall under
the overweight category. :0) While my mare is underweight from nursing
her colt. :0) Becky also passed on a very helpful site about nutrition
and the endurance horse. I highly recommend this site to anyone. I would
make it required reading for all endurance riders if I could! Very funny
and very informative! :0) (the site is: http://www.shady-acres.com/susan/
)
 If anyone is riding in Altoona Fl. in October, we will be easy to spot
Araby and me. We will be the ones looking bewildered, scared, nervous and
VERY EXCITED! :0) I have read the posts about making sure the RM, other
riders and the vets know you are a new rider, so I will be telling
everyone to watch out for us please! :0)
 Thank you for the list folks! I have learned a lot just in this day! I
look forward to learning, laughing and crying with you all!
 BTW I loved the spot about "My horse isn't bad, just expressive!" But
the friend's quip about "yeah they are all four-letter words" had me
rolling! LOL!
 Thanks again!

In His Hands,
Lisa P.
www.outbackacres.com
Riding
 Is the art of keeping a horse between  you and the ground.