Maureen A. Fager trottin27@hotmail.com
Hello All,
I posted a note last week about
suggestions for crewing Tevis.
I received 5 e-mails, thanks to all!

I had a great time, turns out that
one of our local Northern Nevada
ride managers goes to crew for
the Nevada riders ever year, and this was his 12 years.
He was great to hang out with and
really alot of
help for me and the riders.

My rider was making her fourth attempt
at finishing Tevis.  She had suffered
various shoeing and lameness problems
in her prior attempts and so was very
nervous.  She felt her horse was at his best
an his shoeing had been improved.  She rode
with a friend who was riding his girlfriends
accomplished e-horse, who had 3 Tevis finishes.

They took it slow and carefully.  We waited for them
at the finish line and it was a reat nail-biter
for us as they finished 10 minutes before cutoff.

Because this was her fourth try, we began
teasing her about some folks have 1000 mile Tevis
buckle, she now has a $1000.00 Tevis buckle.

We are very proud that she finished and it was
thrill to see her cross the finish line.

Cogratulations to her and all Tevis finshers!

Happy Trails,
Maureen
Reno, Nv