Re: RC: Show and Tell

>>Just because I don't pay to ride 25 doesn't mean I never do it.>>

Good point.  It's hellishly expensive to go to all the rides to only do the 25s, but I also see that as training the mind.  The more experience is gained at the actual ride, the better it will serve me in the long run.  Also, it's nice to use those rides to accumulate official miles, although they may be very few at a time.

Also, I have to go to a ride as I have limited training space.  By the end of November when I start serious conditioning for our 60s next year (our season starts end January) I will have to box out to venues - sometimes I have to pay for the privilege of using their space as well, but I'm committed to the sport and I'll have to do what it takes.

I often also hear about people who say that their conditioning is a 30 km ride at home and therefore they jump straight into the 60s and 80s, but what they lose sight of is that it is a youngster and they haven't been doing the conditioning over a year - they've been conditioning for the 60s and 80s for 2 months only, not bringing that youngster slowly on over a year.

If I had the space I would also be doing my 30km conditioning at home and not pay to travel to and from an official ride - I might then be able to afford a pair of shoes for myself for a change ;-))

Kristene