Re: RC: APOLOGY - long

In a message dated 8/4/01 9:15:23 AM Mountain Daylight Time, woa@stormnet.com
writes:

There are too many
weekend warriors and people without the knowledge for these longer
distances and too much speed being asked of many under conditioned
horses.

Yes, Bette, I've seen this "with my own eyes", "ridecamp" notwithstanding.
Gratefully, mostly, usually, the horse survives (without too much degradation
to its health, productive life, etc.) until the rider "gets it".
   Each rider that sees it SHOULD SAY SOMETHING to the rider.  I'd rather
have someone not like to see me coming, than to have to see the confused look
in the horse's eyes when no one can help it as it stands there unable to help
itself.
   I have not seen a lot of horses suffer like this, but, one seen is one
too many.
   NOW, back to mucking pens and daydreaming of rusty red dirt, ponderous
Ponderosa Pines, watermelon at Deadwood, and the coming cool at Foresthill...

     Frank.