Howards Post: AERC & Charges

sindy mccosker sindymccosker@hotmail.com
Thank you, thank you, thank you,
Howard!!!!!

You said it perfectly and right on the
nose! Exactly what we are trying to do
with this topic.

Everyone needs to LIGHTEN UP!!!!!!

All of this discussion on Ridecamp could
have been avoided if there had been some
way for people to get information on the
incident. From the emails I received
after asking for information on the incident
you would have thought people wanted to sweep
the death of this horse under the carpet.
Someone emailed me that we shouldn't plan
on hearing anything about the investigation
for at least a year! I guess by that time
we will have forgotten about it and gone on
to something else.

I don't see why Linda has to put up $100
of her own money to have an inquiry. Shouldn't
that be something that AERC would want to
inquire on their own?  Isn't a dead horse on
a ride something warranting investigation?

Yes, granted the rider was not an AERC member,
but wasn't it an AERC sanctioned ride? I am
laying NO blame, I know bad things happen
to horses and riders.  Every sport has it's
problems and casualties. AERC seems to
have a good handle on trying to keep
the horses and riders safe. But, by discussing
this here on this forum those of us who are
not in the "inner circle" might learn
something important from what happened.

I can tell you this.....I am all for not
letting a rider do a 50 unless they have
completed a LDR.  I don't think I will ever
be a REAL endurance rider. I have no
interest in riding a 50. I am just happy
doing a few LDRs a year.
Camping out with my daughter and going on
the ride on my best buddy, Kaan, is what
it is all about for me.
I'm not to hard to please. :^)

I hate rules just as much as the next person.
That is what I like about AERC rides. Not many
rules, wear what you want, just have
fun and try to finish in the specified time.
I can't see how requiring riders to
complete at least one LDR before attempting a
50 crimps anyones style.

PLEASE no flaming emails.....if you have
something to say to me, do so in this
forum.  Those private emails can really
get nasty and they are really uncalled for!

Sindy Mccosker
AERC member and a horsewomen for
39 of my 43 years.
With many, many, many, long, hard miles