[Fwd: Court hearing next three days in Barstow affects all]

Sorry if you have gotten this from some others.  I have an appointment
Monday but will try to make it for the rest.
Kandhy

---- Begin included message ----

The next three days are critical. Court hearing to determine public land use for cattlemen…..this affects all users

This is an alert for all.  There is an urgent need to show mass support for the local cattlemen of the Mojave Desert.  The cattlemen are currently enduring a federal hearing process that will decide the future of their grazing allotments.  This is due to the out of court settlement made by the BLM in regards to the Lawsuit filed by the SW Center for Biodiversity.  We need people to attend the hearing in Barstow California on July 30, 31 and August 1st. (Monday, Tues, Wed) It has been very embarrassing to be the only horse representatives in the courtroom when hundreds of horsemen exist that could help in this very urgent matter.  If any of you think that this decision will not affect your use of Public Lands then expect to begin the nightmare of you life soon.  We who live in the High Desert Region are already beginning to see the “FEDERAL NO TRESPASSING” SIGNS GO UP ON SUPPOSEDLY OPEN LANDS.  DO YOU WANT THIS TO HAPPEN IN YOUR AREA?

We cannot stress how important this issue is.  The ongoing amendments to the California Desert Protection Act are knocking at your door and you probably don’t even know it.  The above-mentioned lawsuit will affect you and your activities.  Don’t continue to bury your heads in the sand and think that because you use private property (arenas, etc ) or other  public lands that this wont affect you or your private property rights anywhere in Southern California.    Biologist Ed LaRue has stated that tortoises may be relocated on the nearest undisturbed ground even if it is private property where building rights are affected.

The hearing will begin every day at 8:00 am and continue to 5:00 pm.  We need your support.  The directions to the Chamber are as follows:  Take the 15 Freeway north to Barstow and exit Barstow Road.  Turn left on Barstow Road and go down two signals to Mountain View turn left again.  The Barstow City Chamber Building is on the left hand side about one block down.  Please get involved.  The future of Public Lands Use is in your hands.  Check out our Web Site for the most current happenings dealing with the upcoming Amendments.

http://www.publicland-publicuse.com

Jennifer Foster, Ken Foster and Carol Landry

PUBLIC LAND FOR PUBLIC USE

---- End included message ----