Dead horse at NASTR

I MHO I believe this issue is being handled by the proper authorities, the vet committee and the BOD.  It is indeed unfair to judge this incidence with out all the facts.  Horses have and will die at rides for a variety of reasons, I believe over riding is far down on the list.  No I was not at this ride and have no opinion as to weather this particular horse was over ridden.  I only hope that the powers that be will investigate to there best capabilities as to why this horse died.  As to how to prevent over riding horses in the first place, education and experience are the best teachers.   Ride is a wonderful teaching tool for experienced riders to share knowledge  with people new to endurance riding.  In the end it is always the riders responsibility to take care of his or her horse on the ride, not ride managements, not the vet, and not AERC.  The only exception to this is a junior ride sponsor who must set a good example and lay out the rules before the start of the ride.  If you see someone that in your opinion is over riding there horse by all means report it to the vet or ride management, make a big stink, get involved, at the time of the of the offence, not weeks later on ride camp.
Corky Young