Arabian horses and bloodlines

Lysane lysanec@yahoo.ca
I am looking around for my next horse and I have been coming
across
many ads for purebred Arabs among others ....my question is
what is the
difference between the bloodlines? I know this might be
a difficult question to answer, but I am wondering what it all
means
when I read "Straight Egyptian mare" or "Russian Arabian"
or CMK (hope I got those initials right :)
or Crabbet....I get the idea that it might have to do
with where the horse was bred, but what I want to know is, whether
there is further meaning to these descriptions. In my ignorance,
and not having been exposed to many Arabians,
I thought that an Arab was an Arab and was either purebred
or part-bred, etc. and I didn`t know all about this other stuff.
I assumed
that there might be certain lines (sires/dams) producing a
certain type of horse, but just as in any other breed.
Help!
Lysane