Re: RC: Re: Barney/Valerie

Not to defend Howard, but he does have a point here. Howard by his own admission rode his horse past it level of conditioning at his first 50. Dance crashed and Howard was asked to write about it so others could see what could happened and maybe could avoid it. So Howard did what he was asked to do. Then all hell breaks loose and Howard is hung out to dry.

Folks I have news for you, Howard's horse is alive and well and doing rides. Part is due to the attention he got during treatment and part is due to the very strong constitution of Dance who wasn't quite ready to cash in his chips. None the less, Howard is riding Dance today - although Howard still has the scars of the bashing he took for his story describing the incident hoping that others might learn from his mistakes.

Here a horse is stone cold dead lying in a hole in the ground and we turn "PC." Is there something wrong with this picture?

Linda:

If you know something about it, maybe, you should speak up.  I am amazed at the lack of talk about this one. Doesn't anyone who attended that ride own a computer, except for Linda?

This is not like Ridecamp at all, not talking about a horse that was lost at an endurance ride.  If something goes wrong at a ride, the rider is usually hung out to dry or crucified before they even get home. Have we gone Politically Correct or something?  I'm in shock here.

cya,

Howard