Barney/Valerie

----- Original Message -----
From: "Truman Prevatt" <tprevatt@mindspring.com>

 If eventing has a bad public relations
> problem because of over riding of the horses, just think of the
horror on the
> average person when they see several endurance horses lined up with
IV's
> dripping into their veins.

> Truman

Here, Here, Here!   We not only have horses lined up with IV's
dripping into their veins, (which incidentally, is a horror to me,
too) we occasionally have dead ones such as the poor little mare that
lost her battle to live at the June NASTR ride.  Not one person who
was there, has stepped forward to protest this atrocity.  That speaks
volumes about some of our endurance brethren.  She was ridden to
death.

Yes sir, the sport of endurance should go over well with John Q
Public.  Wonder if they will show the IV bagged horses on TV?

Linda Hedgpeth