Need a Few good men!! Protest Ride on Harrisburg PA!!

debbie zanot darkcat5@yahoo.com
The date is set for August 17 for the protest rally down
Commonwealth Ave. to Governor Ridge's office to protest
the Pennsylvania Game Commissions game land proposal to
exclude horsemen and mountain bikers from public game lands.

Although the PGC has changed its retoric somewhat we need
more time and public awareness of what is happening with
the Game Commission. The Governor and legislatures of this
State need to know that we are not going to go away nor be lulled
into a state of apathy by a few ambigious changes of wording.
We need time to form a strong coalition to work with and have
actual dialog with the PGC rather than "public meetings" with a drop your
comments in a box forum such as they have planned for
"sometime" starting in August.
We need to confront the accusations of habitat destruction,
disturbance of wildlife, and make them prove it by scientific
studies. We need the PGC to consent to  letting local land
managers  work with local land users rather that their "one
shoe fits all" approach.
Basically a media coverage story would draw the attention of
legislatures and the Governor and the PGC not to mention the
many Pennsylvanians who are unaware of what is happening here.
It would buy us hopefully the time needed to try to work with
these people and to show them that we are responsible stewards of
the land and most importantly that we are NOT going to go away
or give up.
We plan on having 100 horsemen, that is 33 horse trailers to park at the
Farm show complex. Anyone with a 3  or 4 horse trailer and absolute
commitment to attend can email me and be
put on the list. If you are a hunter we ask that you dress in
your hunting apparrel. We need One walking person for 4 horses
to go behind and scoop poop. You know how these city people feel about
poop...eeeeuuuuu.. it stinks :-)We ask that you select a
horse that is calm (like our endurance horses) and that probably
some anti skid on the shoes would be a good idea.
We have to be there around 6:00-7:00 pm Thursday to get parked
and will have a organized meeting in the evening for the next
day, so bring your sleeping bags.
You can call me and leave a message 814-328-2702 or email:
darkcat5@yahoo.com
Debbie Zanot (NE)
PS We will find out tommarrow if there will be another Elk Valley
Ride when we meet with the Forestry and PGC managers...