Good Bone/Conformation

Title: Good Bone/Conformation

I think someone mentioned that flat bone is good bone.  I’m not an expert but I can
see that my grey gelding has flatter bones than the Bey Shah bred gelding has.
But the Bey Shah gelding has a better back, shorter in the loin and NO CLUB FOOT!

These two horses are both halter bred to the hilt.  One has terrible balance issues
that may be just as much environmental or injury induced as genetics, we don’t really
know (Russian/Crabbet/Polish).  The Bey Shah gelding has long cannon bones and
appears to be a little more “tied in” under the knee, which are points against him
which is more from the dam side.  She’s Bey Oro bred, but I’ve seen Bey Oro and he
has the hugest, flattest joints you’ll ever see – he’s just plain big all over.

So I guess what I’m trying to get at is we have to look at the individual as an overall
package to see where each horse’s good points and bad are.  The GOOD thing
about Drako, the Bey Shah bred gelding, is that he doesn’t have the halter flat croup so he
has better angulation for dressage!

K.