Riding at Night

Title: Riding at Night

I love riding at night!  We used to go on full moon rides at the in the preserve (albeit illegally) across from where I used to board.  We usually have a grand old time charging up those hills!

However – at dusk my horse spooks at shadows – that’s when I dislocated my “TI flipping off”  finger.

One time, when I was boarding at the place across the pond on Stanford U. property, there are a couple of tunnels that run underneath I-280.  We went on a group ride and I had the only Arabian.  Beau is actually a lot more trailworthy than most of the arena folk on this particular social ride, but when we got underneath the tunnel in pitch blackness, a big thoroughbred bumped into him and Beau started panicking and getting happy feet.  It didn’t matter that the some of the horses were breaking out in sweat from anxiety at a walk and balking on this ride, Beau is already labeled as a spooky Ayrab!

K.