Re: advise on moving to D.C.

Hi, and welcome to D.C.!  Where are you coming from?

  I am more than happy to tell you about the greater D.C.
area!  I have lived in and around D.C. since 1983 and love it
(most of the time  ;-) ).  Traffic has gotten TERRIBLE over the
last few years, so looking for a train-accessible area is a
wise idea.  Also, real estate is VERY expensive here - not sure
where you are coming from, so you may or may not suffer
from 'sticker shock'.

  The only area I know that has both a commuter train and a
national park is Manassas, Virgina.  Manassas Battlefield park
is marvelous - thousands of acres, great history, many riding
trailsand a big horsey community.  I volunteered there for
awhile, patrolling the trails on horseback - and the park
provided the horses!.  There is a commuter train line into D.C.
and a station in down town Manassas.  I can't say how long the
ride is, but MapQuest.com or Expedia.com can show you maps and
driving distances.  www.washingtonpost.com has a good real
estate section.

  I live in Great Falls VA which is equestrian heaven - tons of
trails, a National Park.... but no train.  Also majorly
expensive (3 acre lots go for $400,000 - $600,000).

 Grass hay is available, but pricey.  Rins between $3.50 -
$5.00 per bale.

  The VA Horse Journal has a 'horse properties' section under
classifieds (see below)

Here are some websites you might find helpfull:

Virgina Horse Journal:  http://www.virginiahorse.com/

Horseman's Guide to D.C.:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Peter_Morrison/dchorses
.htm#clubs

Sources for Horses: http://www.geocities.com/creseida/index.html

Please write me if you need any additional information.  Also
let me know if you'll be visiting: I'd love to meet you and
show you around.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag