cribhalt for railroad ties

Hi:
Regarding railroad ties... I don't know what part of the country
you live in, but here in the NE, railroad ties are already impregnated
with creosote (which is a petroleum product and pretty toxic).
I've never seen a horse that'll do more than lip one, then never
touch it again.
Use gloves if you handle them.  I use 'em for corner and gate posts.
Hard to come by though...
Barb