Trends in our sport

Russ and I were thinking about ways to use the data in the on-line database
so that it would be useful to the BOD and the membership - for planning
as well as general interest. Or for correcting misconceptions...

One of the ways was to look at the trends in the statistics in our sport.

we can answer questions like

what are the completion rates by distance?
are they changing by year?
are they different by region?
what regions are growing and which are decreasing in number of rides -ride entries?
are we increasing the number of rides but decreasing the number of entries
per ride?
is the distribution of riders changing LD vs 50 vs 100

You can find our first cut at this at

http://www.doublejoy.com/rides/AnnualStatistics.asp

And some exceptions...

we cannot do statistics on multiday and pioneer - our on-line db does not
distinguish between these and regular rides.

we may not have all the year 2000 rides - some may still be missing in the
office. But we have most of them.

the totals are offset - they go with the column to the left.  and it would have
been nice to repeat the headings with each year so you don't have to remember
the columns as you go down the list.

we start with 1996 so we cannot do % of previous year for 1996

PS started in the 1996-2000 period so there will be errors in the % change
for the year that happened for the regions involved.

Hope you enjoy looking at the information and that it helps the BOD in planning for
the
future.

Mike and Russ