AERC President

A short time ago I wrote a message concerning the office of AERC President
and the who, how and why's of the process.

To further that here is a brief statement from Jerry Furth Regional Director
from the Midwest Region on his qualifications for the post of AERC
President. I have yet to hear of any other candidates. I have heard rumors
but not one other person has made their position actually known to the
membership.

Here is Jerry's short statement:

I have been involved with three not for profits in this life.
One has an annual budget of about 2.5 million.
I am an Industrial Real Estate developer. I recycle old buildings
and turn them into something useful. A real green at heart,
but I approach my work and my life with good ole mid western
common sense.

Finance is a real strong suit of mine, and I am determined to keep
AERC sound.

Next, as you know, Trails are a big part of my life and I will continue
to support all we can do in that area. I have about 3 very good
trail advocates that can take my place on the trails committee if I become
the Pres.

International: I want to see the committee running International more open
to, and more responsible to, the riders. I want to see the current selection
process changed. To much intimidation going on. Doesn't mean we have to
throw the baby out with the bath water, but good common sense change is
needed.

This is my 26th  year at distance riding. Have 15 head of horses  and breed
for the heavyweight rider in mind.

To keep dues down and fees down, its is important that AERC establish a
corporate fund raising program beyond what is in place today. I  would
expect the
finance committee to take the lead in getting that job done.

That is the broad picture.

If you need more let me know. Jerry

Jerry's E-mail address for questions and comments is furth@netzero.com

Bob Morris