Re: RC: RE: Night Rideing

A big ME TOO!  We end up riding at night more due to poor planning.  We start
in the daylight, but ride until after dark.  Two advantages to this:  Your
eyes and the horses' eyes adjust as you go along, and you get to see some
spectacular sunsets!
We don't use any artificial light, don't carry flashlights either.  Mainly we
know the trails very well.  If we get caught out after dark, we take a trail
home that we know is safe, usually having ridden it on the way out, or within
the last couple days.  We have some nice two track jeep trails, with very
little rock.  There is nothing quite as exhilarating as trotting along after
dark.  You feel your horses so much better without all of the distractions of
daylight, and the horses truly don't seem as spooky.  I have yet to do a 50
much less a 100, so I can't say how much I would like doing an unknown trail
in trail in the dark, but I trust my horse.  It would probably be fun.

 jeri