Re: Re: going bitless

 ---- Original Message -----
From: Truman Prevatt
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2001 12:27 AM
To: lbm@ici.net
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Re: going bitless

>Then throw into the mix that the saddlebred to which much of "Saddleseat" was
>developed for can be five gaited rather than three gaited and not to even mention
>the application to other gaited breeds and the picture about where the head
>should be even gets fuzzier.

>Truman

All I know is when my Saddlebred bends his head at the poll and marches out, I feel like he and I are the star in some Parade going down Main Street.  He seems to know where to put his head without me telling him, and I guarantee you he's a sight to behold.

I know most of ya like to have your horse lower their heads to round out the back, but my guy has sooooo much back, I guess he doesn't have to worry about it as much.  He likes to hold his head up high and proud, so everyone can see just how long his neck is.  Anyway, he usually won't lower his head until that last loop in a 50 mile run.  It's his way of telling me the Parade has come to an end.

cya,
Howard