"usa team picks" procedure

the boss squire1996@aol.com
I've heard and read all about the recent confusion over how the
"selection" was performed for teh USA Team.  I must say, for an
organization to have recently agreed, as a whole, to form a "board" so to
speak with its representatives and its "by-laws", those in charge
unleashed caos!  Any change in rules, regs, and even by-laws, clear back
to the days of boys scout organizations required majority vote.  Certainly
every person  knows that, especially if you take the position to be that
individual in charge of informing and/or representing the group.
Parlimentary procedure would be a helpful guide to running your
organization smoothly, efficiently, professionally and FAIRLY!  Take a
look at it, if you wish to maintain your position over the the usa east
zone.

Secondly, you'll find no foner and professional individuals than Tom and
Rita Swift.  If was quite gracious of Rita to give up her slot on the
list.  There is no doubt in my mind that since rules/criteria/point
systems were established, that the Swifts have been keeping an accurate
record of where they stand.  And for that matter, any other rider having
their eye on the list would know where they stood before going to Maine.
However, those in charge failed to advise or even ask for a vote on a
change in calculating the points.  In fact, this small group consisting of
"your" leaders  made the change in May.  Had all of you known, wouldn't
you have rode differently, chosen to ride particular rides.  This change
would have prompted change in your strategy to get on this list.  I'm
certain it's upsetting and disappointing to those who "tought" they knew
where they stood all year-until the rules they respected enough to vote
for were pulled out from under them.  It would be wise discontinue
chastizing Doug or Ron, but rather as a group all of you shuld form some
specific by-laws and select leaders you can count on and trust to carry
them out.  Select individuals who love the sport, respect their animals,
and are totally devoted to the time, training, money and dedication of the
sport...the boss