Off and on limp

I dragged myself out of bed at 6 am this morning to join some friends riding
in the desert with some American tourists. Had a lovely ride around the
pyramids of Abu Sir and Sakkara. Turned out that the ride was a favour to a
tour owner who doesn't like to send real riders to the pyramids stables in
Giza....there's an interesting opportunity for a retirement career for
myself and a couple of friends. Anyway, everyone had a good time on horses
borrowed from my stable manager, Morad and his uncle Magdy who happens to be
the Reuters chief for Africa and the Middle East, so he knows almost
everything and everyone and was the perfect tour guide.

HOWEVER, when we got back I looked at Bunduq and he was a bit off on the
right front. Did The Check: no heat, no tenderness if we banged on the hoof
wall or sole, so signs of swelling. He did this twice before recently and
was fine the next morning...even the same evening. This has been going on
for about 3 weeks now. He limps, we rest him even though there is no sign of
a problem, we go out...mostly walking in sand, too hot for anything
else...he comes back with a limp. He's a pretty crafty pony but I don't
think he's faking it because then we'd have a problem going out and it's
always coming back. (Please don't suggest he wants to run away from home.
He's the littlest horse in the stable and rules the roost.) Any suggestions?
Morad and I are going buggy over this.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
maryanne@ratbusters.net