Euer Valley, CA

More info received:

There are enough short loops for 2-3 days.  If all you want to ride are
short
loops then you will run out of trails in about 5 days.  If you want to do
large
loops or go exploring where there are no trails then you should stay at
least 2
weeks.  My favorite trail goes by Frog lake and around Castle peak.  Not
sure
how long it is but it takes all day cuz the rocks and bogs kind of slow you
down.  You will travel on the Pacific Crest Trail for ~5 - 10 miles so if
you
really want to be adventurous you could go into granite chief
wilderness/squaw
valley/or follow the WST.  The trail also goes by the rest stop on Donner
summit and then past summit lake.  I have heard of some new trails from
there
that I am dying to explore.

If you head east the terrain opens up (once you find the trail) and I
suppose
you could ride all the way to Nevada.