Shod horses in pasture?

Okay, I've been wanting to ask this.  I know the ideal situation for an endurance horse is to keep it in pasture, especially the more fit they become.  Unfortunately, I board, and there is a shortage of pasture around here, and the places that do offer it, won't let you put a horse with back shoes in the pasture.

Without getting into the whole barefoot thing (not sure it would work here, lots of rocks, and hard pack, wears the feet down quick).  Ideally, I would like to get my own place some day, but until then I'm stuck.  I will be able to rent a double paddock (approx. 24 x 48) but would this be enough?  There is a place that is willing to rent me a large (50 x 100?)paddock for a not too bad price, but they don't have great trail access.

Does anyone else have this problem?  How do you condition if you have to pull shoes?  Do you have pasture that lets you keep the back shoes on?

Just wondering what other people do (short of messing with easy boots all the time).

Thanks,
Judy