registered breed horses

Angie,

When I recorded him I put him as "Arab" but put nothing in the
registration number blank.  When I enter rides I put "Arab" with a blank
registration number block. When it comes out in EN it says "Grade".  I
know there's lots of us like this.  I know Lynda Corry's 4000 mile horse
Baskhari is purebred unregistered, as are a LOT of others.  Just curious
is they require proof from other breeds of what they are. I used to know
a girl with a very generic little bay that she got out in the country.
She decided to dub her a "Morgan" and always wrote that on her entries.
She never made the standings so I don't know if they took her word for it
or not.

**********  I checked my horses info on-line and all the ones labeled as arab
did have a horse registration number for the breed.

I will check with the office to see what they require to list as a breed.

but the reason why it shows up as grade even if you enter arab on the ride
entry - is that the info on the horse taken from the ride is ONLY the horse
ID number.  nothing else you enter at the ride has any use except to the RM
for local rides/awards.

the data that covers you and your horse all comes from the office db.  that's
one of the things you will be able to see soon and correct on-line.  you can
enter yourself as a junior or a FW at the ride but the office info over rides
when it goes into the system.  All that matters is your ID again.

Mike