Unregistered Arabs

Angie,

    I also ride an unregistered Arab and wince when I see him listed as
grade.  I have all of his pedigree information and know far more about
his lineage than my own!  I also have no doubt that my information is
accurate, but 13 years ago, someone didn't bother to register him.  He's
an awesome horse.  Big boned, fun to ride, but he has a fairly bad
cosmetic scar on the front of his face, and these people were breeding
for halter and the show ring.  He is also not out of one of "their"
mares, so that also might help explain things.  His grand sire on both
sides was Dalul, son of Morafic.  There is Ferzon and Rafferty on his
grand-dam's side, so I think he's not too bad for a grade horse!
    I'm not knocking grade horses; we have probably all owned and loved
them.  I just see a real distinction between my "grade Arab" and my old
Heinz 57 cream of wheat palomino with the appaloosa spots all over when
he was wet with a saddlebred looking grade mamma who was bought as an
open mare at an auction. . .

Jane (VA)