Akhal tekes

Lysane lysanec@yahoo.ca
I am looking into Akhal Teke horses myself. I have
some info. from the web which describes the conformation
of this type of
horse as having a long, slender neck, long back,
narrow chest, flat ribs. I am interested in these horses myself for
endurance
but isn't this description of conformation the
complete opposite of the average endurance Arabian
horse, which is usually looked to as an "ideal", - what
I mean is the short back, well-sprung ribs, lots of room for lungs,
etc....
Lysane